- Duration 2 years
- Cost per Credit $350
- Credit Hours 120
The Next Step in Your Nursing Career Starts with a BSN
The online BSN program from The American Women’s College of Bay Path University (TAWC) is designed for registered nurses who want to advance into leadership roles. This bachelor’s degree offers a CCNE-accredited curriculum that delivers the skills required to advance in your current institution, move into specialty healthcare settings, and increase your salary potential.*
Enhance Your Nursing Skill Set
The Bureau of Labor Statistics expects the healthcare industry to grow 13% by 2031 and create 2 million new positions for professionals in the field.3 Throughout the decade, more than 195,000 positions are expected to be created for nurses who complete a BSN.4 With the online Bachelor’s in Nursing program, you’ll become qualified for these new opportunities and more while standing out to employers.
Are you ready to unlock your professional potential with an online BSN degree?Explore Careers
Choose a CCNE-Accredited Curriculum
40 Total Courses
120 Total Credits
The online BS in Nursing degree utilizes a CCNE-accredited curriculum to deliver the advanced skills today’s nursing employers demand. You’ll learn from industry experts and build career-ready skills in healthcare and nursing. You’ll also gain hands-on experience through two capstone requirements.
- Population Health and Global Diversity
- Community Health and the Nursing Professional
- Leadership in Practice for Nurses
Transfer up to 84 Credits
6 Start Dates Per Year
Don’t delay your full nursing potential. Discover what you could achieve and apply to the online BS in Nursing program today.
Admission requirements include:
|Submit your application|
|Must have an associate degree in nursing from a regionally-accredited institution with a cumulative 2.7 GPA|
|A passing score on the NCLEX-RN Exam|
|Must have a current nursing license and good standing status as a registered nurse in the United States|
|Submit two letters of professional recommendation|
|Submit an admissions essay describing your vision and goals of the personal and professional advantages of earning a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing|
|Candidates will need to successfully pass national background checks per state requirements**|
Invest in Your Nursing Career
$350 Per Credit Hour
$42,000 Estimated Total Tuition
The online BSN program is a stepping stone to advanced nursing career opportunities and higher salary potential. Earning your degree online with TAWC is an investment in your future, which is why the University provides options for financing your education. Discover the financial aid resources available to you.Tuition Details
What You’ll Learn
The online BSN degree utilizes a curriculum that’s accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and is aligned with today’s top standards for the field to ensure you graduate fully equipped for the nursing career you want. With support from expert faculty, you’ll build expert leadership, research, communication, collaboration and technology skills that can be applied in a variety of healthcare settings.
By Graduation, You’ll Have Skills to:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of nursing practice, including a foundation in liberal arts, natural and social sciences
- Practice holistic patient-centered care, emphasizing diversity, equity and inclusion that is individualized, respectful, compassionate, coordinated and based on best evidence and clinical judgment
- Advocate for the care and protection of population health across the healthcare delivery continuum
- Integrate nursing scholarship, theory, research and policy to improve and transform healthcare
- Foster a culture of quality and safety to maximize the provision of healthcare
- Demonstrate effective communication, teamwork and collaboration to optimize patient care and experience
- Apply knowledge of systems-based practice to optimize the provision of healthcare
- Achieve a sustainable professional identity, embracing the values of integrity, altruism, inclusivity, compassion, courage, humility, advocacy, autonomy, humanity and social justice
- Deploy leadership skills in activities that foster personal health and resilience
Learn from Industry Experts
At The American Women’s College, your learning is expanded by the rich workplace experience our faculty bring to the classroom. Faculty are professionals who hold an array of titles in the fields they teach. Their involvement in the day-to-day challenges of their role and industry brings curriculums to life with real-world examples as you connect what you learn to what they share.
Each faculty member at TAWC incorporates real industry experience into each lesson. As a student, you’ll receive personalized, one-on-one support and graduate fully prepared to face the challenges of your chosen field.
Marjorie Bessette, MSN, BSN, RN, Director, Health and Nursing
Marjorie Bessette has the following expertise and more than seven years of experience directing and teaching the HSA and Nursing program at Bay Path.
- 30 years in Nursing
- 20+ years in Acute Care Nursing at Mercy Medical Center
- Clinical expertise in Emergency, Medical Surgical, Rehabilitation and Gerontology
- Nurse Management for three nursing units in Acute Rehabilitation, three Medical Surgical units, the IV team and the orderlies
- 11+ years as a Nursing Professor for associate degree Nursing and Practical Nursing students
- Six years as Chair of the Practical Nurse Certificate Program
- Curriculum Development
- Clinical partnership development with academic and clinical agencies
- Board of Registration in Nursing Collaborative Task Force for 244 CMR 6.00
- BLS/American Heart Association Instructor
Frequently Asked Questions
Explore our frequently asked questions for in-depth answers. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, reach out to us.
You can complete the program in two years, depending on transfer credits. To see the curriculum, view our courses page.
Tuition is $350 per credit hour. You’ll need to complete 120 total credits for a total tuition of $42,000. You may transfer up to 84 credits, which may reduce the total costs. You can review all tuition costs on our tuition page.
Yes, the online BS in Nursing program accepts up to 84 transfer credits. You can learn more about our admissions policy on our admissions page.
In addition to completing an Associate of Nursing degree from an accredited institution, the online BS in Nursing program requires you to:
- Submit your application
- Submit official high school and college transcripts
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.7
- Have a current nursing license in good standing
- Complete basic cardiac life support for the health care provider
- Submit two letters of professional recommendation
You can learn more about our admission requirements on our admissions page.
Those who complete the online BS in Nursing degree may pursue a master’s degree in nursing or move into advanced nursing roles such as nursing leader, hospice care nurse, case manager, occupational nurse, and more. According to Payscale.com, registered nurses who complete a bachelor’s degree earn a median annual salary of $91,000. The Bureau of Labor Statistics expects the field to grow 6% by 2031, creating more than 195,000 new positions. Learn more about your career options by visiting our careers page.
Sources and Disclaimers
- Payscale. “Average Registered Nurse (RN) Hourly Pay.” Retrieved from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Registered_Nurse_(RN)/Hourly_Rate.
- Payscale. “Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Degree.” Retrieved from https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Degree=Bachelor_of_Science_in_Nursing_(BSN)/Salary.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. “Healthcare Occupations.” Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/home.htm.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. “Registered Nurses.” Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/registered-nurses.htm.
*The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program at The American Women’s College of Bay Path University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). Visit https://www.aacnnursing.org/ccne-accreditation.
**Required prior to the start of clinicals.
Bay Path University nursing programs are for students who already hold a registered nurse (RN) license. The post-licensure nursing programs are open to students with an unencumbered nursing license in all U.S. states. Those students who wish to practice outside of Massachusetts may contact the State Board of Registration in Nursing for the state in which they reside for further information. Read our disclosure statement to learn more.