In-Demand Skills for Diverse Industries
Complete in 3.5 Years
6 Starts Dates Per Year
The online BA in Psychology degree from The American Women’s College of Bay Path University delivers in-demand skills that can be applied to nearly any career field. You’ll graduate with expertise in communication, critical thinking, and behavior analysis, plus the credential to pursue a master’s degree in the field of your choice.
- 7% projected industry growth for the social science field through 20311
- Become qualified for diverse industries
- Courses taught by expert faculty with industry experience
- Study online on your schedule
Request More Information
Complete this form to receive information about coursework, admissions, tuition, and more.
Explore Career Outlook for Psychology Majors
Social Worker $50,339 median annual salary2
Social Service Manager $74,000 median annual salary3
Child Life Specialist $60,380 median annual salary4
Substance Abuse Counselor* $48,520 median annual salary5
One Degree for Countless Professional Opportunities
Communication, critical thinking, and behavior analysis skills are essential for all professional fields. With the online BA in Psychology degree, you’ll build the diverse and in-demand set of skills that many of today’s employers demand. Whether you’re interested in becoming a mental health counselor or are seeking expert skills for management opportunities, this program will help you achieve your professional goals in less than four years.
The online Psychology degree can be completed entirely online without the requirement of traveling to campus. Study on your schedule and learn from expert faculty from the comfort of your own home or any location.
- 98,700 new positions for social science professionals expected by 20311
- $72,740 was the median annual salary for social science professionals in 20211
- 60% of all psychology careers require applicants to have completed at least a bachelor’s degree6
Interested in Other Career Options?
View all major specific career pages:
- BA in Psychology: Child Psychology Careers
- BA in Psychology: Counseling Foundations Careers
- BA in Psychology: Forensic Psychology Careers
- BA in Psychology: Foundations of Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counseling Careers
- BA in Psychology: Human Services & Rehabilitation Careers
What You’ll Learn and Skills Acquired
- Describe key concepts, principles, and overarching themes in psychology
- Develop a working knowledge of psychology’s content domains
- Describe applications of psychology
- Use scientific reasoning to interpret psychological phenomena
- Demonstrate psychology information literacy
- Engage in innovative and integrative thinking and problem solving
- Interpret, design, and conduct basic research
- Incorporate sociocultural factors in scientific inquiry
- Apply ethical standards to evaluate psychological science and practice
- Build and enhance interpersonal relationships
- Adopt values that build community at local, national, and global levels
- Demonstrate effective writing for different purposes
- Exhibit effective presentation skills for different purposes
- Interact effectively with others
- Apply psychological content and skills to career goals
- Exhibit self-efficacy and self-regulation
- Refine project-management skills
- Enhance teamwork capacity
- Develop meaningful professional direction for life after graduation
By Graduation, You’ll Have the Following Skills:
- Information management
- Service orientation
- Critical thinking
Enjoy Lifelong Dedication to Your Career Success
You can always find the support you need to take the next step in your career whenever you need it. The Sullivan Career and Life Planning Center is here to help you from the day you enroll to the day you retire.
Choose Your Major
Customize your BA in Psychology program by choosing from a variety of career-focused majors designed to help you achieve your professional goals.
BA in Psychology: Child Psychology
The online BA in Psychology: Child Psychology examines the physical, intellectual, emotional, social, and moral aspects of child development.
BA in Psychology: Counseling Foundations
The online BA in Psychology: Counseling Foundations major offers experiential learning through instruction, role play, and internships (optional).
BA in Psychology: Forensic Psychology
The online BA in Psychology: Forensic Psychology major combines insights of psychology within the mental health, criminal justice, and legal systems.
BA in Psychology: Foundations of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counseling
The online BA in Psychology: Foundations of Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counseling degree prepares you to effectively support those struggling to overcome addiction.
BA in Psychology: Human Services and Rehabilitation
The online BA in Psychology: Human Services & Rehabilitation degree explores the needs of individuals and communities in social, rehabilitation and human services settings.
Sources and Disclaimer
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Occupational Outlook Handbook. “Life, Physical, and Social Science Occupations.” Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/life-physical-and-social-science/home.htm.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Occupational Outlook Handbook. “Social Workers.” Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/community-and-social-service/social-workers.htm.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Occupational Outlook Handbook. “Social and Community Service Managers.” Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/social-and-community-service-managers.htm.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Career Outlook. “You’re a what? Child life specialist.” Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/careeroutlook/2018/youre-a-what/child-life-specialist.htm.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Occupational Outlook Handbook. “Substance Abuse, Behavioral Disorder, and Mental Health Counselors.” Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/community-and-social-service/substance-abuse-behavioral-disorder-and-mental-health-counselors.htm.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Occupational Outlook Handbook. “Field of degree: Psychology.” Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/field-of-degree/psychology/psychology-field-of-degree.htm.
*Additional education may be required.