- Duration 3.5 years
- Cost per Credit $410
- Credit Hours 120
- Gain expertise that can be applied in diverse industries
- Access courses on your schedule through an interactive, virtual classroom
- One-on-one instruction from faculty
- Ranked #2 Best Online Psychology Degrees, 2024 by Student Training & Education in Public Service (STEPS)1
Gain Change-Making Skills for a Variety of Fields
With the BA in Psychology online degree from The American Women’s College of Bay Path University (TAWC), you’ll gain a skill set sought by diverse employers, plus the credential to pursue a graduate degree in the academic area of your choice.
The online BA in Psychology degree offers five majors in addition to the general psychology degree. Choose the major option that best supports your long-term career goals and discover what you could achieve with a college education.
In-Demand Skills for the Career You Want
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the psychology field is expected to grow at a steady pace of 7% through 2031, creating more than 98,000 new positions.2 This online Bachelor’s in Psychology degree will prepare you for a variety of these positions, plus provide you with skills that are necessary for professionals in nearly every industry.
The next step in your chosen field begins here. Discover what you can achieve by completing your bachelor’s degree.Explore Careers
Choose from 5 Majors
Customize your BA in Psychology program by choosing from a variety of career-focused majors designed to help you achieve your professional goals.
BA in Psychology: Child Psychology
The online BA in Psychology: Child Psychology examines the physical, intellectual, emotional, social, and moral aspects of child development.
BA in Psychology: Counseling Foundations
The online BA in Psychology: Counseling Foundations major offers experiential learning through instruction, role play, and internships (optional).
BA in Psychology: Forensic Psychology
The online BA in Psychology: Forensic Psychology major combines insights of psychology within the mental health, criminal justice, and legal systems.
BA in Psychology: Foundations of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counseling
The online BA in Psychology: Foundations of Alcohol & Drug Abuse Counseling degree prepares you to effectively support those struggling to overcome addiction.
BA in Psychology: Human Services and Rehabilitation
The online BA in Psychology: Human Services & Rehabilitation degree explores the needs of individuals and communities in social, rehabilitation and human services settings.
Asynchronous Courses, Career-Ready Skills
40 Total Courses
120 Total Credits
The online BA in Psychology degree delivers skills in all facets of the field, including counseling, behavioral research, and developmental psychology. Additionally, the program also offers critical thinking and communication expertise that can be applied in nearly all industries.
- Psychology of Cultural Diversity
- Theories of Personality
- Social Psychology
Transfer up to 90 Credits
6 Start Dates Per Year
Don’t put your professional goals on hold. Discover what you could achieve and apply to the online BA in Psychology program today.
Applicants will need the following to apply:
|A completed application
|2.0 GPA or higher
Note: Students with a GPA under 2.0 may be considered
|Official transcripts from your high school or all regionally accredited institutions you have attended
Invest in Your Education
$410 per Credit Hour
$49,200 Estimated Total Tuition
The online BA in Psychology major is designed to set you up for success in the professional field of your choice. Earning your degree online with TAWC is an investment in your future, which is why the University provides options when it comes to financing your education. Discover the financial aid resources and scholarship opportunities available to you.Tuition Details
What You’ll Learn
The curriculum for the online BA in Psychology major is aligned with the program level outcomes of the American Psychological Association to ensure you graduate ready for professional success. Through each course, you’ll build expert-level skills in critical thinking, behavior analysis, and communication that can be applied in a variety of professional fields.
By Graduation, You’ll Have Skills to:
- Describe key concepts, principles, and overarching themes in psychology
- Develop a working knowledge of psychology’s content domains
- Describe applications of psychology
- Use scientific reasoning to interpret psychological phenomena
- Demonstrate psychology information literacy
- Engage in innovative and integrative thinking and problem solving
- Interpret, design, and conduct basic research
- Incorporate sociocultural factors in scientific inquiry
- Apply ethical standards to evaluate psychological science and practice
- Build and enhance interpersonal relationships
- Adopt values that build community at local, national, and global levels
- Demonstrate effective writing for different purposes
- Exhibit effective presentation skills for different purposes
- Interact effectively with others
- Apply psychological content and skills to career goals
- Exhibit self-efficacy and self-regulation
- Refine project-management skills
- Enhance teamwork capacity
- Develop meaningful professional direction for life after graduation
Learn from Industry Experts
At The American Women’s College, your learning is expanded by the rich workplace experience our faculty bring to the classroom. Faculty are professionals who hold an array of titles in the fields they teach. Their involvement in the day-to-day challenges of their role and industry brings curriculums to life with real-world examples as you connect what you learn to what they share.
Each faculty member at TAWC incorporates real industry experience into each lesson. As a student, you’ll receive personalized, one-on-one support and graduate fully prepared to face the challenges of your chosen field.
Michelle McGrath, MA, Senior Director, Psychology Programs
Michelle comes to Bay Path with a combination of experience in the field of psychology as well as higher education. She began her career working as a licensed clinician in a variety of mental health settings, and eventually transitioned to working in higher education where she could combine her interests.
Prior to coming to Bay Path University, she worked at Southern New Hampshire University supporting students in a variety of roles, including university counselor, academic advisor, and adjunct faculty member. An undergraduate education major, Michelle has found that her passion lies with education and student support. Having worked in both a traditional and online undergraduate program, Michelle is able to apply her broad experience to enhancing The American Women’s College psychology program both online and on ground. She is inspired daily by the stories of her students and the motivation and dedication they have for their education.
Frequently Asked Questions
Explore our frequently asked questions for in-depth answers. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, reach out to us.
You can complete the program in three and a half years or less depending on transfer credits. To see the curriculum, view our courses page.
Tuition is $410 per credit hour. You’ll need to complete 120 total credits for a total tuition of $49,200. You may transfer up to 90 credits, which may reduce the total cost of tuition. You can review all tuition costs on our tuition page.
Yes, the online BA in Psychology program accepts up to 90 transfer credits. You can learn more about our admissions policy on our admission page.
You’ll complete 120 credits to complete the online BA in Psychology degree. You can review courses now.
The requirements for the online BA in Psychology program include:
- Submit your application.
- Submit official high school transcripts and college transcripts if applicable.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
You can learn more about our admission requirements on our admission page.
Those who complete the online BA in Psychology degree may pursue graduate education or careers such as case manager, social worker, rehabilitation specialist, and more. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the field of social service is expected to grow by 10% through 2031. This growth will create more than 294,000 new positions for professionals with psychology skills. Learn more about your career options by visiting our careers page.
- Student Training & Education in Public Service (STEPS), “Best Online Psychology Degree in 2024.” Retrieved from https://www.publicservicedegrees.org/online-degrees/psychology-programs/.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. “Life, Physical, and Social Science Occupations.” Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/life-physical-and-social-science/home.htm.