Leadership Skills for the Fast-Changing Healthcare Field
Transfer up to 90 Credits
6 Start Dates per Year
Request More Information
Complete this form to receive information about coursework, admissions, tuition, and more.
- Duration 3.5 years
- Cost per Credit $410
- Credit Hours 120
- Ranked #2 Best Bachelor’s in Health Science Degree Programs by Intelligent.com
- Learn from health administration experts
- Access courses on your schedule through an interactive, virtual classroom
- Study full-time or part-time
- Prepare for in-demand health administration careers
Choose a Health Service Administration Degree Focused on Leadership
The online Bachelor’s in Health Service Administration: Health Sciences degree from The American Women’s College of Bay Path University (TAWC) delivers the essential analytic, critical-thinking and management skills today’s healthcare employers demand. Through a curriculum focused on top-quality patient care and effective leadership, you’ll build the academic foundation for the healthcare administration career you want.
Health Administration Career Outlook: A Fast-Growing Demand
Health service administration professionals are always in demand. In fact, the Bureau of Labor Statistics expects the healthcare field to grow 13% by 2031, with health management alone growing 28% throughout the decade.1,2 Unlock your professional potential for this growing and rewarding field with the online Bachelor’s in Health Service Administration: Health Sciences degree.Explore Careers
Essential Skills for Today’s Health Administration Workforce
40 Total Courses
120 Total Credits
The online BS in Health Service Administration: Health Sciences degree explores the common tools and leadership methods used in today’s growing health administration field. Each course is taught by industry experts to deliver exceptional skills in strategic planning, legal and regulatory healthcare policies, human resource management, information technology, marketing, ethical issues in healthcare and more.
- Information Technology in Healthcare Administration
- Strategic Human Resource Management and Outcome Analysis
- Healthcare Marketing
Transfer up to 90 Credits
6 Start Dates Per Year
Discover your full potential. Apply to the online BS in Health Service Administration: Health Sciences degree today.
Applicants will need the following to apply:
|A completed application|
|2.0 GPA or higher|
Note: Students with a GPA under 2.0 may be considered
|Official transcripts from your high school or all regionally accredited institutions you have attended|
Invest in Your Health Service Administration Career
$410 per Credit Hour
$49,200 Estimated Total Tuition
The online BS in Health Service Administration: Health Sciences degree is a stepping stone to unlimited career potential. Earning your degree online with TAWC is an investment in your future, which is why the University provides options when it comes to financing your education. Discover the financial aid resources and scholarship opportunities available to you.Tuition Details
What You’ll Learn
The online Bachelor’s in Health Service Administration: Health Sciences degree explores the many facets of today’s healthcare industry to prepare you for a variety of challenges in the workforce. With personalized attention from expert faculty, you’ll become proficient in ethical decision-making, the latest healthcare technologies, efficient management, strategic planning and more.
By Graduation, You’ll Have Skills to:
- Analyze theories of management and decision-making processes
- Create effective human resource strategies for the recruitment, training and retention of healthcare personnel
- Analyze complex healthcare problems and offer effective solutions within the constraints of policy, law, regulations and ethical principles in management
- Utilize information technology to manage and develop quality healthcare
- Apply effective leadership in financial planning and project management
- Choose quality management systems and tools to improve consumer care, reduce legal risks to an organization and ensure appropriate utilization of resources
- Use appropriate medical terminology to explore contemporary health issues and identify and develop programs and services that meet consumer health needs
- Apply the general principles of healthcare finance, reimbursement and sources of income to ensure efficient and effective financial management
Learn from Industry Experts
At The American Women’s College, your learning is expanded by the rich workplace experience our faculty bring to the classroom. Faculty are professionals who hold an array of titles in the fields they teach. Their involvement in the day-to-day challenges of their role and industry brings curriculums to life with real-world examples as you connect what you learn to what they share.
Each faculty member at TAWC incorporates real industry experience into each lesson. As a student, you’ll receive personalized, one-on-one support and graduate fully prepared to face the challenges of your chosen field.
Marjorie Bessette, MSN, BSN, RN, Director, Health and Nursing
Marjorie Bessette has the following expertise and more than seven years of experience directing and teaching the HSA and Nursing program at Bay Path.
- 30 years in Nursing
- 20+ years in Acute Care Nursing at Mercy Medical Center
- Clinical expertise in Emergency, Medical Surgical, Rehabilitation and Gerontology
- Nurse Management for three nursing units in Acute Rehabilitation, three Medical Surgical units, the IV team and the orderlies
- 11+ years as a Nursing Professor for associate degree Nursing and Practical Nursing students
- Six years as Chair of the Practical Nurse Certificate Program
- Curriculum Development
- Clinical partnership development with academic and clinical agencies
- Board of Registration in Nursing Collaborative Task Force for 244 CMR 6.00
- BLS/American Heart Association Instructor
Frequently Asked Questions
Explore our frequently asked questions for in-depth answers. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, reach out to us.
You can complete the program in three and a half years or less, depending on transfer credits. To see the curriculum, view our courses page.
Tuition is $410 per credit hour. You’ll need to complete 120 total credits for a total tuition of $49,200. You may transfer up to 90 credits, which may reduce total costs. You can review all tuition costs on our tuition page.
Yes, the online BS in Health Service Administration: Health Sciences program accepts up to 90 transfer credits. You can learn more about our admissions policy on our admissions page.
You’ll complete 120 credits to earn the online BS in Health Service Administration: Health Sciences degree. You can review courses now.
The requirements for the online BS in Health Service Administration: Health Sciences program include:
- Submit your application
- Submit official high school transcripts. College transcripts are also required if applicable
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
You can learn more about our admission requirements on our admissions page.
Those who complete the online BS in Health Service Administration: Health Sciences degree often pursue health education specialist, laboratory technologist, and health services manager roles. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, these careers offer annual salaries that range from $48,860 to $101,340. Learn more about your career options by visiting our career’s page.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. “Healthcare Occupations.” Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/home.htm.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. “Medical and Health Services Managers.” Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/medical-and-health-services-managers.htm.