Develop Cutting-Edge Skills to Prevent Cybercrime
3 Major Options
Transfer Up to 90 Credits
Request More Information
Complete this form to receive information about coursework, admissions, tuition, and more.
- Duration 3.5 years
- Cost per Credit $410
- Credit Hours 120
- No background in IT or computer science is required
- Learn 100% online from anywhere in courses led by experienced and industry-connected faculty
- Bay Path University has been named a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cybersecurity for Cyber Defense through 2027 for its Digital Forensics and Incident Response program
Become a Skilled Tech Professional with a Customizable Degree
The online Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity degree from The American Women’s College of Bay Path University (TAWC) gives you the expertise you need to secure organizational data. As a student, you will learn using the same tools and technologies as professionals in the field to build your technical skill set. Choose from required majors in Digital Forensics and Incident Response, Information Assurance, and Risk Management to enhance your knowledge in targeted areas.
Learn to identify and investigate cybercrime by developing skills for leveraging cutting-edge digital forensic tools and techniques.View Major
Build the skills to protect digital infrastructure and help organizations keep valuable information secure.View Major
Meet the Demand for Cyber Experts
Projections indicate the global cybersecurity market will increase at a compound annual growth rate of 12.3% from 2023 to 2030.1 Around 682,800 new computer and information technology jobs are expected to be added to the workforce from 2021 to 2031.2
This impressive industry growth makes now an ideal time to enter the cybersecurity field. The competencies you’ll gain in our bachelor’s program will empower you to succeed as a tech expert now and in the future.Explore Careers
120 total credits
40 total courses
In the online cybersecurity bachelor’s program, you will complete a university core, specialized major coursework, and a range of electives to customize your studies for your career interests. Each course is six weeks long and delivered 100% online. Study industry-focused topics like mobile technology, digital forensics, computer networks, and more to excel in many tech roles.
- Cyber Governance: Privacy, Ethics, and Digital Rights
- Research and Writing in the Disciplines
- Programming Languages
Admissions Requirements – Start Your Application
Transfer up to 90 credits
6 start dates per year
Don’t put your professional goals on hold. Discover what you could achieve and apply to the online BS in Cybersecurity program today.
Applicants will need the following to apply:
|A completed application|
|2.0 GPA or higher|
Note: Students with a GPA under 2.0 may be considered
|Official transcripts from your high school or all regionally accredited institutions you have attended|
Tuition & Aid – Earn Your Degree at an Affordable Price
$410 per credit
$49,200 total tuition
Earning your degree online with TAWC is an investment in your future, which is why we provide options when it comes to financing your education. Discover the financial aid resources and scholarship opportunities available to you.Tuition Details
What You’ll Learn
The online cybersecurity bachelor’s degree delivers the interdisciplinary technical knowledge you need to protect valuable data assets and prevent cyber attacks. Depending on the cybersecurity major you choose, you will gain skills such as the ones listed here.
By Graduation, You’ll Have Skills to:
- Understand current approaches to detect, deter, and investigate incidences related to digital crime activity
- Understand the latest digital forensic tools and techniques
- Understand current issues relating to digital forensics and determine the best practices for attending to them based on available resources and tools, and the overall needs of the organization
- Demonstrate knowledge of the tools and techniques utilized to assure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of an organization’s data assets
- Recommend policy, practices, and procedures required to ensure accuracy, authenticity, utility, and possession of data, and recognize the needs of the organization for access as well as security
- Utilize critical thinking skills by demonstrating proficiency in the ability to research, understand, and communicate appropriate responses based on best practices, to test a variety of information assurance threats
- Understand various stakeholder perspectives and frameworks for assessing risk
- Describe and explain ways to mitigate risk across an enterprise
- Describe best practices for the documentation and communication of risk to various stakeholders
Frequently Asked Questions
Explore our frequently asked questions for in-depth answers. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, reach out to us.
Tuition is $410 per credit hour. You’ll need to complete 120 credit hours for a total tuition of $49,200. You can review all tuition costs on the tuition page.
Yes, we accept up to 90 transfer credits from prior coursework and professional, volunteer, or military experience. Learn more about our requirements on the program’s admissions page.
Requirements include a high school diploma, a 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale, and official transcripts from your high school and, if applicable, all regionally accredited institutions you have attended. Learn more about our requirements on the program’s admissions page.
Depending on the major you choose within your degree, earning the online BS in Cybersecurity opens doors to a wide range of in-demand career possibilities. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, computer and information technology employment is expected to grow 15% from 2021 to 2031, much faster than the average for all occupations.
Graduates who pursue the Digital Forensics and Incident Response major can pursue careers like cybercrime analyst and digital criminology specialist, while the Risk Management major prepares students for careers that include security analyst and information security manager. The Information Assurance major is ideal for students who wish to pursue roles like information security analyst and secure systems auditor.
- Grand View Research. “Cyber Security Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report.” Retrieved from https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/cyber-security-market#:~:text=Report%20Overview,12.3%25%20from%202023%20to%202030.
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Occupational Outlook Handbook. “Computer and Information Technology Occupations.” Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/computer-and-information-technology/home.htm.