- Duration 3.5 years
- Cost per Credit $410
- Credit Hours 120
Answer the Call for Compassionate Criminal Justice Professionals
The online BA in Justice Studies degree from The American Women’s College of Bay Path University (TAWC) offers a career-driven curriculum designed for your success in a variety of in-demand criminal justice careers. You’ll choose from two majors and engage in experiential learning opportunities while building expert leadership skills through our We Empower Learners and Leaders Program (WELL). Discover what you can achieve today.
Prepare for the Future You Want
Imagine what you could accomplish in your career after completing a bachelor’s degree. With the online BA in Justice Studies degree, you’ll become qualified for some of the most rewarding positions in criminal justice, including police officer, corrections officer, intelligence analyst and more. The Bureau of Labor Statistics expects more than 72,000 protective services positions to be created by 2031.1 Are you ready to answer the call?Explore Careers
Expert Leadership Skills for the Real World of Criminal Justice
The online Justice Studies degree offers two majors that allow you to tailor your education with experiential learning opportunities and diverse elective courses. With both majors, you’ll complete 120 total credits, including TAWC’s undergraduate core courses, your chosen major courses and electives that can be selected based on your professional interests.
- Criminal Evidence
- Justice and Conflict Resolution
- Juvenile Justice
- Justice, Advocacy and Leadership
No Application Fee
We realize how difficult it can be to start something new, so we make it easy and risk-free to get started. There’s no application fee, and no test scores are needed.
We accept up to 90 transfer credits, and you can earn up to 36 college credits for your prior life experiences.
Applicants will need the following to apply:
|A completed application|
|2.0 GPA or higher|
Note: Students with a GPA under 2.0 may be considered
|Official transcripts from your high school or all regionally accredited institutions you have attended|
We’re Here to Help with Tuition and Aid
Connect to Resources
Our dedication to your success starts with making our programs financially accessible. Our cost per credit is just $410 in undergraduate programs. Our Student Financial Services team can work with you one-on-one to provide the information you need regarding the FAFSA®, private loans, grants, outside scholarships, and more.Tuition Details
What You’ll Learn
Discover what it takes to achieve leadership success in criminal justice. With the online BA in Justice Studies degree, you’ll explore criminal justice concepts through a non-traditional lens while building skills to support women, children and families impacted by the justice system. Regardless of the justice studies major you choose, you’ll graduate prepared for a variety of professional opportunities both in and beyond the courtroom.
By Graduation, You’ll Have Skills to:
- Critically examine and explain the concepts of justice and injustice and their potential for impact on the individual, the community, institutions, the nation and the world we live in
- Respond critically and effectively to social, legal, economic, political and ethical challenges to justice in diverse communities
- Develop a working knowledge of social behavior with a focus on open communications, conflict resolution and fairness
- Clarify what, why and how best practices apply in a wide variety of justice related situations
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in individual and group environments, utilizing multiple forms of current and emerging media to support messaging
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively navigate and work within political, governmental, justice and enterprise systems and processes
Frequently Asked Questions
Explore our frequently asked questions for in-depth answers. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, reach out to us.
You can complete the program in three and a half years or less depending on transfer credits. To see the curriculum, view our courses page.
Tuition is $410 per credit hour. You’ll need to complete 120 total credits for a total tuition of $49,200. You may transfer up to 90 credits, which may reduce the total cost of tuition. You can review all costs on our tuition page.
Yes, the online BA in Justice Studies program accepts up to 90 transfer credits. You can learn more about our admissions policy on our admissions page.
You’ll complete 120 credits to earn the online BA in Justice Studies degree. You can review courses now.
The requirements for the online BA in Justice Studies program include:
- Submit your application
- Submit official high school transcripts. College transcripts are also required if applicable
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0
- You can learn more about our admission requirements on our admissions page
Those who complete the online BA in Justice Studies degree are prepared for a variety of in-demand careers, such as police officer, human service assistant, advocacy specialist and corrections officer. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the field of social service is expected to grow by 10% through 2031. Learn more about your career options by visiting our career’s page.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook. “Protective Service Occupations.” Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/ooh/protective-service/home.htm.