Open the Door to Unlimited Opportunities
Discover how a college education can transform your future with the online Associate in Liberal Studies degree from The American Women’s College of Bay Path University (TAWC). Through a customizable curriculum, this degree delivers foundational critical thinking and problem-solving skills that can be applied in nearly every professional field. You’ll graduate with career-ready skills, plus 60 credits that can be applied to a bachelor’s degree.
The Foundation for the Career You Want
College graduates with liberal arts skills are in high demand across a range of industries. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, those who complete an associate degree earn an average of $154 more per week than those who only complete a high school diploma, equating to thousands more per year.1 Take the next step in your career and start creating a better future for yourself and your family today.Explore Careers
Customize Your Liberal Studies Experience
20 Total Courses
60 Total Credits
The online Associate in Liberal Studies degree offers a curriculum designed to be customized. You’ll complete core liberal arts courses along with a selection of electives that can be chosen based on your professional interests. Explore a variety of career fields and graduate prepared for the professional path of your choice.
- Financial Wellness
- Research and Writing in the Disciplines
- Strategies for Career and Personal Growth
Transfer up to 30 Credits
6 Start Dates Per Year
Discover what you could achieve with a college education. Apply to the online AA in Liberal Studies degree today and start creating a rewarding future for yourself and your family.
Applicants will need the following to apply:
|A completed application|
|2.0 GPA or higher|
Note: Students with a GPA under 2.0 may be considered
|Official transcripts from your high school or all regionally accredited institutions you have attended|
Invest in Your Future
$410 per Credit Hour
$24,600 Estimated Total Tuition
Make an investment in your future and discover the options you have when it comes to financing your education. Learn about the financial aid resources available to you.Tuition Details
What You’ll Learn
Ideal for those with multiple professional interests, the online Associate in Liberal Studies degree delivers foundational skills that can be applied in nearly every field. Explore perspectives on social, cultural, environmental, and political issues and prepare to solve complex problems in a variety of industries.
By Graduation, You’ll Have Skills to:
- Engage and learn from perspectives and experiences different from your own and understand how your place in the world both informs and limits your knowledge
- Understand the interrelationships between multiple perspectives, such as personal, social, cultural, disciplinary, environmental, local, and global
- Integrate learning in all aspects of life
- Make simple connections among ideas and experiences, as well as synthesize and transfer learning to new, complex situations
- Apply critical thinking skills characterized by your comprehensive exploration of issues, ideas, artifacts, and events before accepting or formulating an opinion or conclusion
- Recognize that success in all disciplines requires habits of inquiry and analysis that share common attributes
- Demonstrate solid knowledge of disciplinary parameters and push beyond those boundaries in new, unique, or atypical recombination by uncovering or critically perceiving new syntheses
- Recognize creative risk-taking in order to envision a response
- Develop well-rounded thinking skills that support the ability to know when there is a need for information, as well as to identify, locate, evaluate, and effectively use and share that information for the problem at hand
Learn from Industry Experts
At The American Women’s College, your learning is expanded by the rich workplace experience our faculty bring to the classroom. Faculty are professionals who hold an array of titles in the fields they teach. Their involvement in the day-to-day challenges of their role and industry brings curriculums to life with real-world examples as you connect what you learn to what they share.
Each faculty member at TAWC incorporates real industry experience into each lesson. As a student, you’ll receive personalized, one-on-one support and graduate fully prepared to face the challenges of your chosen field.
Emily Thompson, MA, Director, Liberal Studies, Communications & Justice Studies
Emily Thompson began her teaching career in 2012 with the English department at Northern Virginia Community College. This formative experience instilled a passion for equity-minded pedagogical practices that make higher education as accessible as possible to all learner populations. Emily carried this passion for equity and accessibility when she joined The American Women’s College as an Academic Director in 2016. She strives to apply a student-centered mindset to every aspect of her academic programs.
Emily holds an MA in English Literature from George Mason University and is a Ph.D. Candidate at UMass Amherst, specializing in English Renaissance drama and theatre history. Her other areas of interest include performance studies, body studies, affect theory, posthumanism, and decolonized pedagogy. Her dissertation studies the affective encounters between stage and spectator during staged bodily violence in Tudor and Stuart tragedy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Explore our frequently asked questions for in-depth answers. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, reach out to us.
Tuition is $410 per credit hour. You’ll need to complete 60 total credits for a total tuition of $24,600. You may transfer up to 30 credits, which may reduce the total cost of tuition. You can review all tuition costs on our tuition page.
Yes, the online AA in Liberal Studies program accepts up to 30 transfer credits. You can learn more about our admissions policy on our admissions page.
You’ll complete 60 credits to earn the online AA in Liberal Studies degree. You can review the courses now.
The requirements for the online AA in Liberal Studies program include:
- Submit your application.
- Submit official high school transcripts and college transcripts if applicable.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
You can learn more about our admission requirements on our admissions page.
Those who complete the online AA in Liberal Studies degree graduate prepared to pursue a bachelor’s degree or begin a career in roles such as communications specialist, social media coordinator, event organizer, and more. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the field of media and communications is expected to grow 6% through 2031, making now an ideal time to gain essential liberal arts skills with an online degree. Learn more about your career options by visiting our careers page.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Career Outlook. “Data on Display; Education Pays, 2021.” Retrieved from https://www.bls.gov/careeroutlook/2022/data-on-display/education-pays.htm.